Steel News

We strive to let you one step ahead of the market.

Ghana’s GIADEC working to double GBC’s annual production capacity

16 Nov 2022 15:15 reported by Joy Liu

A A A
Michael Ansah, CEO of Ghana Integrated Aluminium Development Corporation (GIADEC), said the company is working with various stakeholders to double the annual production capacity of the Ghana Bauxite Company (GBC) to 2 million tons.

He said that GIADEC is cooperating with the Ghanaian government and its new partner Ofori Poku Company Limited (OPCL) to stabilize GBC’s operation at Awaso.

OPCL recently acquired 80% of the shares of GBC previously held by China's Bosai Minerals Group, and the remaining 20% are held by the Ghanaian government.

Back to Steel News

Related News

Egyptalum & Scatec to cooperate in construction of new solar power plant in Nag Hammadi

  • Aluminum
  • 23 Feb 2024 16:41

Japan’s aluminum total demand falls in Q1-Q3 2023

  • Aluminum
  • 23 Feb 2024 15:37

Jamaica’s alumina production grows, bauxite production decreases in Q4 2023

  • Aluminum
  • 23 Feb 2024 15:37

WBMS: Global primary aluminum market has surplus of 135,500 tons in Dec 2023

  • Aluminum
  • 22 Feb 2024 15:53

Rio Tinto signs new agreement of renewable electricity supply for Gladstone aluminum operations

  • Aluminum
  • 22 Feb 2024 15:51

Metal Price Index

Learn more

LME Official Bid Price

  • Zinc
  • 2,348.00
  • 2,391.00
  • Aluminum
  • 2,156.50
  • 2,196.50
  • Copper
  • 8,442.00
  • 8,537.00
  • Nickel
  • 17,175.00
  • 17,400.00

Learn more

Coil Exchange Center

  • 2B Coil-Mar
  • 2,460
  • 2,320
  • NO1 Coil-Mar
  • 2,430
  • 2,290
  • 2B Coil-Mar
  • 2,460
  • 2,320
  • NO1 Coil-Mar
  • 2,430
  • 2,290

Learn more